This privacy statement informs you about our handling of collected personal data on our websites (www.meerstetter.ch) and during e-mail communication with our employees. It is your decision if you agree to the processing of your personal data or if you decline and you can inform us about your decision if necessary.
The term "processing" in this privacy statement can have the following meaning for example:
- The collection,
- disclosure or deletion of our personal data.
We collect personal data to provide our services and to improve our offers.
2. Owner of the Data Collection
The owner of the data collection is the company Meerstetter Engineering GmbH.
3. Protection of Data
We take measures to protect your personal data from the access of third parties. In every case your data is encrypted which is transmitted between you and our websites.
4. Duration of Data Storage
We keep your personal data as long as it is compliant with the applicable law, or as long as it's necessary for the provision of services. We delete personal data as soon as the data is no longer required and not later than the maximum retention period prescribed by the applicable law.
5. Rights Related to Your Personal Data
Upon written request we inform you about the personal data we collected from you.
You have the right to correct, complete, disagree with the processing or request the deletion of your personal data.
Please find contact information on the following page, to contact us in relation to privacy concerns. www.meerstetter.ch/contact
7. When and How do we Collect Personal Data?
We collect data whenever you contact us or when you visit our website. All data which you send to our websites is secured by encryption. For example, in the following situations:
- You visit our websites and inform yourself about our products.
- You contact us by using a form on our websites.
- You request a quotation on our websites.
- You order products in our shop on our website.
Communication with us over telephone, fax, email etc. is in most cases unencrypted. For example:
- You contact our support team by e-mail
- You contact our sales team by e-mail
- You participate in surveys of Meerstetter Engineering GmbH
8. Type of Collected Data
Which type of data is collected? We collect data provided by you which is needed to process purchase orders. These are the following personal data, for example:
- Last name and first name of the contact person
- Delivery address and billing address
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Agreement on receiving important product information and newsletters
We never process or collect credit card data, since credit card payments are processed by a third-party provider (see below).
8.1 Data Logging
Every time you access our websites, your browser sends data to our webserver due to technical reasons. We can collect and evaluate this data to improve our websites or to find errors.
8.2 Web Analysis Tools
To improve the contents of our websites we analyze user behavior using the Google Analytics service. For this purpose, usage data as well as the IP address are anonymized and transmitted to Google's servers. These servers may be located abroad.
You can prevent the collection and usage of such data through Google by downloading and installing a browser plugin, which can be found by following this link: tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en
8.3 Google reCAPTCHA
We use the Google reCAPTCHA service to protect forms from spam and abuse on our websites. This service checks if the inputs are made by a human and not by automated software. For this purpose, technical data from your browser is encrypted and sent to Google's servers. These servers may be located abroad.
9. Purpose of Processing Data
Your personal data is used for the fulfillment of purchase orders and for the communication with you.
Additionally, personal data is used for communication and marketing purposes. As a customer you receive the following information:
- Important information that affects your products ("Product Change Notifications")
- Newsletters for product and software news
You can opt out at any time of the mailing list.
10. Disclosure of Personal Data
Generally, we neither sell or transmit your personal data to third parties. One exception is the transmission of data for the fulfillment of the before mentioned purposes for processing personal data.
For shipping purposes, we can transmit your personal data to the following companies, whose servers may be located abroad:
- FedEx Corporation (USA)
- UPS United Parcel Service of America, Inc. (USA)
- DHL International GmbH (Germany)
- Die Schweizerische Post AG (Switzerland)
- TNT Express N.V (Netherlands)
For credit card payments on our website you are forwarded to a third-party payment provider. You disclose your data to the following companies:
- PostFinance Ltd (Switzerland)
- SIX Group AG (Switzerland)
The cookies used on our websites enable some functions, such as the cart function of the shop.
Detailed cookie declaration (generated by Cookiebot)
CH-3113 Rubigen, March 19, 2018