TEC-1163 (±25 A / ±56 V)
OEM Precision Temperature Controller / Peltier Controller
Typical cooling power: 700 W
Prices for multiple units
For more than 10 units,
please request a quotation
Attention! We never ship our TEC Controller with (counter)plugs. Therefore, if you choose Terminal-Block (TB) version, there are no plugs shipped with the controller. You can get them at your preferred electronic part provider with the manufacturer product number 691381000008 or in our webshop as PLG-34434. For information about all the other connector plugs please refer to the datasheet provided in the Related Download section.
The TEC-1163 is a specialized TEC Controller/power supply able to precision-drive a Peltier element.
- It features a true bipolar DC current source for cooling / heating, three temperature monitoring inputs (1x high resolution, 2x low resolution) and intelligent PID control with auto tuning. The TEC-1163 is fully digitally controlled, it’s hard- and firmware offer numerous communication and safety options.
- The free of charge PC-Software allows configuration, control, monitoring and live diagnosis of the TEC Controller via USB and RS485. All parameters are saved to non-volatile memory. Saving can be disabled for bus operation.
- For the most straightforward applications, only a power supply, a Peltier element and at least one temperature sensor need to be connected to the TEC-1163. After power-up the unit will operate according to preconfigured values. (In stand-alone mode no control interface is needed.)
- The TEC-1163 can handle either Pt100, Pt1000, NTC or Voltage temperature probes. For highest precision and stability applications a Pt100 / 4-wire input configuration is recommended. Analog measurement circuit is factory calibrated.
- Auxiliary temperature inputs allow the connection of NTC probes that are located on the heat sinks of the Peltier elements. This additional data is used to compensate for parasitic thermal conduction of Peltier elements. Also, it allows the control of external heat sink cooling fans.
- The heating and cooling power is optimized by proprietary thermal management routines based on power balance models (for Peltier elements and resistive heaters).
- Further functionality includes: Smooth temperature ramping, thermal stability indication and auto gain (NTC probes). The free PC-Software allows data logging and configuration import/export.
Caution: Preliminary Data! We expect the following values, but there could be deviations.
|Typical cooling power
|11.5-63 V / 25 A
|±56 V / ±25 A
|Temperature Probe Input
|Pt100, Pt1000, NTC, VIN, Thermocouple (K-type)
|Temp. Precision / Stability
|0.01 °C or better
|Aux. Temp. Probe Input
|RS485, USB, CANopen, RS232 TTL
|Configuration / Diagnosis
|via Communication Interfaces and PC-Software (free of charge)
Full Temperature Control
Heat Only / Cool Only
|Dimensions (L x W x H)
|160 mm x 65 mm x 28 mm