- DEVELOPMENT is a focus at Meerstetter -
We inform you, that after 01.01.2020 all newly delivered TEC controllers will be delivered with firmware version v4.10 by default. Please give us a note if you need another firmware version.
- Less power dissipation at the TEC controller.
- CONSEQUENTLY: Higher operating temperature at which maximum power can be driven.
- The temperature measurement can be validated by means of a new self-check function.
- Support for displays with 4 lines * 20 characters. See release notes for a list of all supported displays.
Firmware v4.10 changes:
- Smaller power dissipation at the output power stage (up to 42% less for all TEC HV models and up to 28% for all TEC SV models).
- Larger thermal operation range for the TEC controller,
OR less required cooling for the TEC controller itself.
- Additional switching frequencies can occur (see attached info letter for details).
- Thermal conditions at the peltier element remain unchanged.
- Protection switch off if load resistance is too small.
- Available from now on by request, from 1st January 2020 onwards installed by default. A downgrade to older firmware versions afterwards will not be possible anymore.
- Compatible with all existing hardware versions of our TEC controller product family.
We expect you will not experience any diffences but the mentioned advantages. However, you should perform a functional test.
If you need any additional information or if you are concerned, do not hesitate to contact us – we are happy to assist you.
Meerstetter Engineering Team