We hereby inform you that we will provide a new TEC Controller firmware version v5.10 as of May 1st, 2023.
From this date on we will send all our TEC Controller offers and order confirmations (and the resulting devices) with firmware version v5.10 by default. All order confirmations with a different versioning as well as existing specific customer requests will remain valid.
The most important changes:
- CANopen can be used to control our TEC Controllers.
- Support for our new TEC Controllers, which are compatible with up to 60 V DC Input (TEC-1162, TEC-1163, TEC-1166 and TEC-1167).
- Adaptations in the PID control loop
- All PID-Controllers can now be used as pure P-Controller by setting Ti to 0 s.
- PID Control Loop modified, improved dynamic behavior when used as a master controller.
- Improvements in the Lookup Table function
- Lookup Table Function: "SET_TARGET_INST". After this command, the lookup table commands are applied to the new target instance.
- GPIO Function: Fix 0: Intended for some Lookup Table functions.
- Add support for Object Sensor Type VIN2. This means that signals can also be recorded that are processed by a measuring circuit, whereby the TEC controller can deliver 5 V and 50 mA as a supply on this connector.
- New GPIO functions “RAMP” and “FIX 0“ added; See TEC-Family User Manual 5216I chapter 6.1 GPIO1 – GPIO8 Control Signals.
- Various bug fixes; See TEC Software Release Notes 5147AM.
The new firmware version is 100% hardware compatible with all hardware versions of the TEC controller family. Please note: Devices with FW v5.0x can be updated by yourself (Further information about the process can be found here); FW versions lower than v5.00 would have to be sent to us for an update (but update is not mandatory).
Further explanations regarding the latest software release can be found in the Software Release Note 5147AM.